First Time Buyers
Make your first house a home
Helping you make your first move
We've been helping Members get on the property ladder for more than 150 years. That ladder may have changed a lot since then, but buying a house can still be just as confusing. So no matter what stage of the process you're at, from saving for a deposit to choosing a survey, we're here to help in any way possible.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help:
- Pick up our 'Complete guide to buying your first home', for an easy to follow step-by-step breakdown of the whole home buying process.
- Check out our First Time Trier videos crammed full of useful tips and tricks for prospective homeowners.
- Use our mortgage calculator to find out how much you can borrow.
- Take a look at our mortgage products below, to see which one might suit you.
- Find out what Help to Buy - Wales is and how it might help you buy your first home.
- We understand that there's a lot to take in. So if at any time you'd like to talk through your options in person, simply pop in to your local branch or call us on 0330 333 4000 to talk to one of our friendly customer consultants.
Need help finding your first home?
Saving up to buy your first home? Arranging a mortgage and buying a home can seem daunting, but we break down the barriers in our easy-to-understand video guides, infographics and more.
|Initial rate||Until||Then standard variable rate||Overall cost for comparison (APRC)||Product Fee||Mortgage Commitment Fee|
|90% LTV Fixed Rate Mortgage||2.45%||31/10/19||4.74%||4.4%||£0||£0||More details|
|90% LTV Fixed Rate Mortgage||3%||31/10/22||4.74%||4.1%||£0||£0||More details|
|90% LTV Fixed Rate Mortgage||2.45%||31/10/20||4.74%||4.2%||£0||£0||More details|
Mortgage Guides & Help Our easy to follow guides can help you when researching for a mortgage.
Mortgage Calculator Calculate what your mortgage payments could be
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
- 6th largest UK building society
- A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
- Over 150 years' experience
- Taking care of over £9 billion of our customers' assets
- Members can access a Member Rewards page featuring competitions, discounts and more.